Monday 2 December 2013

Animation Diary - Wednesday, 27


Wednesday, 27 Nov

Pixilation
Today I am unable to continue with my animation because I need a box of chocolates so instead I have been watching other people’s stop motion that will be using chocolates. This should hopefully allow me to gain an understanding of the movement and behavior that chocolates can have. By doing this it could help me achieve my idea.
I searched of YouTube chocolate box stop motion and I watched one called “My Chocolates” this film is done by artist and animator named Paul Heard. Paul Heard has a website that I viewed and it has links to his blog and videos. The Video is about a chocolatier making chocolate. Once the chocolates are finished and made they start moving around the worktop and then end up going into a box. This is similar to what I want in my animation with the chocolate going around the worktop. I think I will try having the chocolates moving pasted objects and maybe climb over items as well. This could give me the chance to see how over things that could get in the way of the chocolates could be animated; an example of this could be some sort of kitchen appliance.
I looked at Paul’s blog for more information about “My Chocolates” but there was none.
Claymation
I also looked at another stop motion, Claymation. I love Claymation and grew up watching the great works for Nick Park because of this I thought I would look at Claymation that will involve chocolate. I found a short called Valentine’s Day by animator Charlie Butter.
Valentine’s Day is about a husband who buys his wife a box of chocolates. The wife sees the chocolates sees them and is extremely happy with her husband, but their daughter eats them. Unsure what happened to her chocolates the wife guesses that it was her husband and attacks him for supposes that he eaten them.
So the storyline does involve chocolates but “My Chocolates” is closer to my storyline then this Claymation. Also the Claymation in this video is not as professional as Nick Park’s works, I guess this could be due to time and budget.
Conclusion  
Out of these two types of animation I prefer Pixilation, I have made a Pixilation before and it went quite well. Also I want a realistic look on my animation and Pixilation because pixilation is using real 3D objects and getting them life. If I had more time and a bigger budget I would try Claymation but I would have my final masterpiece as Pixilation. If I was to try out Claymation I would want to made realistic sets like the ones seen in Wallace and Grommit. 

( uploaded this diary entry as it has been one of the most useful.)

No comments:

Post a Comment